Houston Green Card Attorney

Texas U.S. Permanent Residency Attorney

When you obtain a green card, you become a lawful permanent resident of the United States, but not a citizen. Becoming a citizen happens through a process called naturalization. Once you have received your green card, you are allowed to stay in the United States as long as you wish. You are not bound by the time constraints or limitations that come with a visa.

There are specific requirements that must be met and rules that must be followed in the process of obtaining a green card. It is important to have a Houston green card lawyer who understands the process and will work to ensure that everything goes smoothly. At the Law Office of Cara Wilkins, I represent clients throughout the greater Houston area and throughout the United States in a broad range of complex immigration matters.

Helping You Through The Application Process

If you have a relative, spouse, or child 21 years of age or older, I can assist that family member with applying for your permanent resident status in the United States. In many cases, the entire permanent residency process can be completed in the U.S. In other cases, if you entered the country illegally, we may be able to initiate the process in the U.S. and complete the process through counselor processing in your home country. If you are in your home country and wish to seek permanent resident status in this country, I can help you complete the application through consular processing. I will personally handle your application at every step, so you can feel confident that everything possible is being done to obtain a positive result.

Once you have your green card, you have the right to sponsor family members to come to the United States on family-based visas. The family-based visa process can be very complex, and even a slight error can result in considerable delays to the process. I can help you to complete the necessary forms and work with you to ensure that the request is submitted properly.

Call To Discuss Your Case

Contact my office today to get the answers you need to all of your green card questions. I can help you. You can reach me by phone at 713-541-3222 or via e-mail. For your convenience, I accept Visa or MasterCard and offer payment plans.