Immigrant Visas/Family Visas And Family-Based Immigration

Obtaining Green Cards Through A Family Member

If you have a family member who is a permanent resident of the U.S. or a U.S. citizen, they may be able to apply for you to obtain permanent resident status in the U.S. There are several preference categories that dictate when you will be able to adjust your status to permanent residency after the visa petition is filed.

Immediate relative of a U.S. Citizen-Visas are always available if your U.S. citizen, spouse, parent (if you are unmarried and under 21 years old) or child (U.S. citizen 21 years old or older) files a petition for you and you meet eligibility requirements for permanent residency, you may be able to obtain your green card immediately.

Call To Discuss Your Case

Contact my office today to learn more about my legal services and how I can help you. You can reach me by phone at 713-541-3222 or via e-mail. For your convenience, I accept Visa or MasterCard and offer payment plans.

Other Family Members Of U.S. Citizens-Visas Available After Waiting Period

  • Unmarried son or daughter (21 years or older) of a U.S. Citizen
  • Married son or daughter of a U.S. citizen
  • Brother or Sister of a U.S. Citizen

Family Member Of A Permanent Resident-Visas Available After Waiting Period

  • Spouse of a Permanent Resident
  • Unmarried Child Under 21 Years Old of a Permanent Resident
  • Unmarried Son or Daughter 21 Years or Older of a Permanent Resident